Ingredients for crispy wings:
5 pounds whole chicken wings
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black ground pepper
2 Tbsp. hot sauce
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
Non-stick oil spray
1 cup of Buffalo Sauce (recipe below)
1. Cut wings into three sections: "tip", "flat" and "drum". We will use two bigger ones only for this recipe - but the smallest section "tip" can be reserved to make chicken stock.
2. To the bowl of chicken wings, add salt, pepper, hot sauce and oil. Toss to coat evenly.
3. Add flout to large plastic bag and pour in chicken wings. Shake to coat the wings in flour.
4. Cover two baking sheets in foil, spray them with non-stick spray. Place the floured wings evenly on the pans in one layer, spray the tops of the wings lightly with oil.
5. Bake in preheated 200 C oven for 30 minutes, then turn over each wing and bake for another 30 minutes, or until wings are golden brown and coating is getting crispy.
6. Transfer wings to a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce (recipe below) over the hot wings and toss with spoon or spatula to completely coat.
7. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving, so the sauce will soak into the skin.
8 Tbsp. Louisiana hot sauce (best, but i used Tabasco, hence did not find the one)
8 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 1/2 Tbsp. white vinegar
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Salt to taste
1. Mix all ingredients in saucepan, bring to a simmer over law heat, stirring occasionally, an then turn off the heat.