750 ml. of water
6 shiitake mushrooms steams
1 Tbsp. of instant dashi
2 Tbsp. of red miso paste
1 Tsp. of dark soy sauce
3 slices of slightly fried or deep-fried tofu (auberage)
1 small bunch of bok choy
6 Jambo Shrimps
6 shiitake mushrooms heads
1 bunch of enoki mushrooms
2-4 pieces of japanese fish cake
2 pkg. of boiled udon noodles
dried cut laver or scallions
1. Bring water to boil with mushroom steams.
2. Add miso paste, dashi and soy sauce.
3. Stir for 3 minutes, while boiling and then remove mushroom steams.
4. Add to stock tofu, all mushrooms, bok choy and shrimps.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until all ingredients are cooked through.
6. Switch off the heat and cover with a lid.
7. Udon noodles put into a boiling water for 2 min and drain well.
8. To assemble: place udon into the serving bowls. Arrange the topping, carefully picking up each piece from the stock (the most comfortable way to do it is to use chopsticks). Add stock to noodles as per your liking. Sprinkle some cut laver on top.