500 g. big potatoes
1 Medium Leek
1/2 white onion
1 garlic clove
1/2 -1 l. vegetable stock
1/2 milk or cream or sour cream
Red pepper flakes
Salt and White pepper
1. Finely chop onions and garlic.
2. Wash leak well, discarding outer layer. Cut in slices only white part.
3. In heavy bottom pan, heat a little of olive oil and fry onions, leeks and garlic for 5 minutes.
4. Season with red pepper flakes.
5. Wash and scrub potatoes, without peeling. Slice into thin rounds.
6. Add potatoes to pan and let it sweat for 3 minutes, mixing with another vegetables.
7. Add stock. Boil until tender.
8. Remove from heat, give it a swirl with electric mixer until smooth, add milk.
9. Return to the heat and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring sometimes. Add more stock if the soup is too thick.
10. Garnish with some pesto on top and croutons.