2-3 pears cut lengthwise in 8 parts (skin and core on)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. Marsala
2 Tbsp. honey
50 g. walnut halves
500 g Gorgonzola (i made a cheese board for two, so used only 200 g)
1. Heat oil in a large heavy pan over medium heat. Prepare your pears.
2. Fry pears for 3-4 min. on each side or until softened.
3. Meanwhile whisk Marsala and honey together in a cup or small bowl.
4. Add Marsala mixture to the pears allow to bubble and become syrupy. Transfer the pears to serving plate, reserving the syrupy mixture in the pan.
5. Add walnuts to the same pan and stir fry them for about a minute or until they are slightly darkened and sticky all over.
6. To serve, transfer the walnuts to serving plate along with any remaining juices and place the gorgonzola onto the plate.
Original recipe adopted from BBC Food